RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Mobius Dashcam in my L322. It shoots 1080 30hz, has a wide field of view, starts recording when powered up via USB, and loop records. The cost was $75.

IMG_8912.JPG
I ran a power wire from the sun visor, it is tied with the ignition.

IMG_8925.JPG
The other end of the wire comes out though a grommet hole behind the sunglass holder.
I soldered in wires to a USB adapter, it has a built in 2A fuse.

Mobius dash cam is mounted to the windshield.
IMG_8933.JPG

IMG_8936.JPG
It unclips from the mount. The shiny part is a heat sink used for cooling the electronics, for hot climates people glue heatsinks to these metal surfaces for better cooling.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.etischer.com/dashcam/ScreenShot.png

ScreenShot.jpg

Here's a screenshot from my Mobius dash cam. There are plenty of reviews of the image quality, it is on par with the basic go pro, sharp corner to corner and also records sound. It's so clear you can see the defrost wires in the windshield.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Range Rover involved with the New York biker gang really hit home, I firmly believe that driver would have been charged with attempted murder if not for the video evidence.

I also have a dash cam in my VW Passat, pretty sure it saved me from one ticket so far. Also handy for getting a snap shot of the crazy things you see when driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex1kZxK2WlM

I attempted to glue a heat sink on, I happened to have some silver epoxy. Kinda made a mess of things, but hopefully it helps keep it cool.

IMG_8143.JPG

·
Registered
14 Posts
I doubt that there are any power wires in the rearview mirror area which only turn on with the ignition. I wouldn't want to have the camera on for extended periods since I only drive my RR on a couple of days each week. On the other hand, having a switch for the camera would not make sense.

So, I'd probably have to have the wires run at the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts