RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this happen to their dashboard stitching on their RRS Luxury Edition? I have no idea how this happened but can't imagine it's cheap to fix. Pretty upset that I just noticed it now versus when it was under warranty.

IMG_1518.JPG

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
Remove your dash pad and take it to a recommended upholstery shop in your area for repair. You will find it won't be that expensive if you take them the part to repair.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think this is from sun damage / shrinking of the leather, causing the leather to pull the stitching apart. Based on my experience with this in other cars, it's probably not fixable by restitching. This is very common with Ferrari's etc. and new leather is the only option there.

I would maybe ask the dealer if they have a fix, but I bet it's probably not fixable as is... sorry. Waiting for this to happen on my own 2010 with brown leather on the dashboard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just noticed on my RRS Lux , the dashboard is shrinking . No idea what to do ? Any advice .
Thanks in advance
Mine has completely detached, it looks horrible. I think there should be a class action with how many dashboards are doing this. I’m in Fl, if I fix it it will most likely happen again. I have a 2013 supercharge, let me know if you find a solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts