Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 HSE
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past two evenings, my dash lights have flickered (bright/dim - but stay on) upon startup. 2007 FFRR HSE.

The first night, I rolled the dimmer wheel, then left it on the dimmest setting. It was still on that setting the second night when the lights again flickered. I again rolled the dimmer control brighter then dimmer, and they stayed dim, the flicker stopped. This morning on startup there was no flicker -- I'll see what this evening brings...

Anyone encountered this? I found one post from 2009 that mentioned the problem in a list of issues, but no resolution was mentioned.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just encountered the same scenario on our 07 hse. Any updates? Thanks in advance!
I recently purchased a 2006 Range Rover Supercharged and when the dash dimmer is just below max the back lights do not flicker. However they are very dim. when I crank the dimmer all the way to MAX the dash lights, center console lights and NAV dash lights all flicker. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on if this could be the dimmer switch (which would be an easy replacement) or if this is something different.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you,

·
Registered
2007 HSE
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine still does it occasionally. I think it's related to the switch -- I usually roll it up and down, and the lights stay steady again. I have not had the chronic problem I wrote about in the original post since it happened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same problem on my 2008 hse full brightness everything flickers half way flickering stops but its too dim wonder if a new battery would solve i dont know

·
Registered
2 Posts
06 hse I had similar problems. My solution was the battery cable terminal✔✔

For the past two evenings, my dash lights have flickered (bright/dim - but stay on) upon startup. 2007 FFRR HSE.

The first night, I rolled the dimmer wheel, then left it on the dimmest setting. It was still on that setting the second night when the lights again flickered. I again rolled the dimmer control brighter then dimmer, and they stayed dim, the flicker stopped. This morning on startup there was no flicker -- I'll see what this evening brings...

Anyone encountered this? I found one post from 2009 that mentioned the problem in a list of issues, but no resolution was mentioned.

Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
06 hse I had similar problems. My solution was the battery cable terminal✔✔
Were your lights flickering? Mine blink every several seconds-the orange light on my volume wheel flashes. I changed the battery, and that did nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dashboard and back taillights are flickering. Today I go pick up the terminal that’s supports the batter from the dealer.. I’ll write back here if this fixes my problem. Previously I used an old battery cable I’ve had around, which only resolved the problem for that day…

·
Registered
41 Posts
I realized the light on my 2011RRHSE's entertainment system's power button only flickers when I have the GAP IIDTool plugged in. When it's out, there's no flicker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts