LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dash Light Bulb Replacement:

Remove the Knee Panel

Remove the Cluster bezel

Pull brake handle up

Open the Center Console Lid and remove the two screws which hold the Switch Panel in place, see photo

Don’t remove, but gently slip it out from under the Shifter Surround plastic. Leave it there loose.
Remove the two screws which hold the plastic onto the side of the Center Console, see Photo

[attachment=12:3nrfc4hj]Pic 2.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

[attachment=5:3nrfc4hj]Pict 2.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

Fit a screw driver or paint can lid opener under the inside lip of this plastic where it SNAPS on to the Shifter Surround plastic and buts up to the Switch Panel and gently lift up and pull out toward the seat. See Photo

[attachment=11:3nrfc4hj]Pic 3.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

This will dislodge the plastic from the Shifter Surround plastic you will then gently, but with some force, pull down on the plastic toward the floor, to dislodge it from the Center Switch housing.

If you need to remove the A/C controller to replace the Light Bulbs, now is the time to do that. With the key turned on put your Shifter in neutral. At this time, remove the four screws that hold the Controller in place, then pull the controller out from its location. The harnesses are long enough to allow you to pull it pretty far out, so can put your car back in park and get rid of that key-in-ignition beep which is driving you crazy. Lay a towel across the shifter plastic, so you don’t scratch anything, then turn the controller over to get to the bulbs.

At this time, you will remove your Radio. With the radio removed, all screws will now be revealed: there are five.

Remove the five screws holding the Center Switch Housing in place. Go ahead and remove all wire connectors from the back of all switches, and the clock. Each connector is designed to fit only the switch it came off of, so you don’t need to worry about putting them in the wrong place.

Remove the switches, headlight and clock from the housing, set it aside, and then plug the switches, headlight, and clock, back into their specific connectors.

This will allow you to see which bulbs need to be replaced. Turn your key on and turn your headlight switch to parking light function.

You will now be able to see if the lights on your switches are working, if not, use a small screw driver to remove the light bulbs and replace them. The light bulbs are those little things on the side of the switches that look like adjusters. See Photo

[attachment=10:3nrfc4hj]Pic 4.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

[attachment=9:3nrfc4hj]Pict 4.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

[attachment=8:3nrfc4hj]Pictu 4.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

These light bulbs are removable from the sockets in which they are mounted and I understand you can get them from Radio Shack.

Headlight Switch: With the Headlight Switch removed, you will see that there is a clip right behind the Rotary knob. Remove the clip, and then pull the Knob off of the Switch Base; you will then see the light bulb.
Push the light bulb in and turn it to remove.

Tip: When resembling don’t put the metal clip back on, next time the bulb goes out just pull the Rotary Knob off and replace the bulb- without having to go through the rest of removal process. See Photo

[attachment=7:3nrfc4hj]Pic 5.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

[attachment=6:3nrfc4hj]Pict 5 (2).JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

A/C Controller: The light bulbs on the back are pretty straight forward when it comes to replacement. Here are a couple of things to know. The bulbs with the black Sockets are 1.2w bulbs; the one green socket light bulb is for the display and is a 2.0w light bulb. If your Rotary Knob is not lit up when you turn the lights on, then you need to replace the light bulb behind the Knob.

Grab the Knob with your thumb and forefinger and pull it off the Controller- don’t wiggle it- just pull it off. Make no mistake about it, this is tuff! Once the Knob is removed, you will see the light Bulb. See Photo

[attachment=4:3nrfc4hj]Pic 6.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

[attachment=3:3nrfc4hj]Pict 6.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

[attachment=2:3nrfc4hj]Pictu 6.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

Tip: When re-assembling pay close attention to the locating pins on the back of the Knob. It only goes on one way- if you try to force it, you will break it.

Clock: Light bulb on the back of the clock is pretty straightforward.

[attachment=1:3nrfc4hj]Pic 7.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

[attachment=0:3nrfc4hj]Pict 7.JPG[/attachment:3nrfc4hj]

This completes the Dash Light Bulb Tutorial.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
Also covered on the main site.

However, you show a little more detail on some things. Would you mind if I grab some of it and update the main site pages?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the look of the Dash at night with all the lights working. I have had the Rangi for two years without any lights on the dash who knew..

[attachment=0:2j921sy1]dash 1.JPG[/attachment:2j921sy1]

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
Scotty said:
I love the look of the Dash at night with all the lights working. I have had the Rangi for two years without any lights on the dash who knew..
Hi Scotty,

I can't see the picts , all have been removed/deleted.

regds

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
:roll: Thus the reason we keep asking folks to use the on site file upload feature. Yet another great post made useless thanks to a third party off site hosting service. :evil:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,421 Posts
Photobucket deleted all my pics, too, as they hadn't been accessed for over 12 months.

If anyone finds one of my posts that are missing pics, let me know and I'll upload them to this site and fix the post.

Scotty, you may not be able to edit the post. However, if you email them to me, I can fix the post.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Guys I do have the Pic's from the original post, I have sent them to Ron. Ron will get them back on the site..
He just got them, so lets give him a second to post them back up..

Scotty

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,421 Posts
Pics now added back into thread.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Perfect Ron thank you..

Scotty

·
Registered
57 Posts
Scotty said:
Same reaction when I changed all the duds in my dash earlier this year. On the fog lights both the indicator bulbs were out which made for fun wondering if they were on or off on the back.

I left out the small clip on the headlight switch just in case I needed to change the bulb in the future.

·
Registered
972 Posts
p38arover said:
Thank u, guys. Appreciate the effort. :thumb: :thumb:
Now, if someone can tell me how to change the msg centre LCD, I'm little scared to dig in.

best regds

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,421 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hi,

No the main site's info does not cover removal of the message centre.
However, with that info I ventured and replaced my msg centre today and it works fine. :dance: :dance:

thnks to u all. :thumb: :thumb:

best regds

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
24 Posts
Hello,
Can anyone send me the photos on how to replace in bulbs in my Range Rover Sport Dash? My TPMS warning light is out and need to replace it. Also, do you know where of part number for the replacement bulb.
I read in this forum that Ron will upload the photos to the site. Does anyone have the link, please!

Thank you.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Hello,
Can anyone send me the photos on how to replace in bulbs in my Range Rover Sport Dash? My TPMS warning light is out and need to replace it. Also, do you know where of part number for the replacement bulb.
I read in this forum that Ron will upload the photos to the site. Does anyone have the link, please!

Thank you.
Asking questions about a Sport in the P38 Range Rover forum is not going to gain much of a responce. This topic and what Ron was uploading would be of no assitance for your rig.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,421 Posts
Gaahh! The new forum software has screwed it up. I'll re-do the images to get them back where they should be.

·
Registered
669 Posts
older post but I can't see the pics - not too worried about that but numpty question is in the UK where can the bulbs be bought from for the dash switches I need cruise and front fog oranges/greens - those tiny little things that seem like a railway modellers type bulb with a plastic coloured cover... Maplins don't, haven't tried the dealer yet but it's a 50 mile trip to them ((whilst in numpty mode where you all get the plastic trim buttoms from - specifically need at the mo the seat base covers (over/around the BECM and EAS units) in lightstone & cargo area side panel buttons - tried Microcat but can't seem to get it detailed to a sufficient level to get part numbers))

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
their called Fir trees, in Microcat look under "Seating" and then "Plinth & Finishers" find the parts numbers and do a google search this will give links to where you can get them, the rear load space is under interior trim.
STC1877 is orange STC1878 green switch lights, again google those for shop links

1 - 20 of 28 Posts