Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received this message from the dash board with the warning triangle. Upon checking with the Lynx Diagnostic tool I found no DTC on any of the modules. Please do any body ever experience the same problem give me some hint on solving this issue. Thank you.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Re: Dash board warning: Stop the car, Stop safely, Stop engine

Today I received this message from the dash board with the warning triangle. Upon checking with the Lynx Diagnostic tool I found no DTC on any of the modules. Please do any body ever experience the same problem give me some hint on solving this issue. Thank you.
Is this on the 2004 Toyota Corolla or the 89 dodge caravan?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

So sorry, I have forgotten to mention that it is a Range Rover Sport L320, V6, Diesel. The actual warning sign is "Stop Vehicle, Stop Safely, Stop Engine". It appears as soon as I start the engine and move the vehicle and some time it came on less than 50 yards of traveling. The warning did not appear if I do not move the vehicle. After a few attempts to diagnose all the modules using Lynx Diagnostic Tool I could not locate any faults and I was confident that I can still use the vehicle.

This morning I decided to make a 200 miles trip with the warning on but drive with care and always monitoring the dashboard to see if any other warning surfaces and there was none. To my surprise the warning signs did not re-appear after I made a R&R stop half way to my destination. Now the warning is gone !

I narrow down to 2 possibilities it is either the suspension or the brake problem. Should any body have a good advise on this issue or any suggestion please help. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Well I actually found out the exact fault of my Range Rover Sport. After a 200 miles trip and the warning sign did not re-appear I decided to go through the engine compartment and thoroughly by making sure that all sensors connections are good and fluid levels are correct. In doing so I found that the fluid level for the stability control was very low, way below the permissible low level marking. This to my belief is the cause in triggering Stop Vehicle, Stop Safely, Stop Engine warning. The warning did not re-appear during the 200 miles trip may be due to the fluid level raised up due the fluid expansion when hot and it passed the threshold point.

Now my vehicle drives normally after topping up stability fluid reservoir.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport
209 Posts

Thank you for posting what the issue was as well as the solution.

Most of us in North America have the Gasoline version of the RRS. This board is quite North American in it's membership. You may wish to join boards from the UK that are quite active with owners of the diesel powered RRS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thank you for the advise. I shall make a search for the UK board than.

·
Registered
1 Posts

So sorry, I have forgotten to mention that it is a Range Rover Sport L320, V6, Diesel. The actual warning sign is "Stop Vehicle, Stop Safely, Stop Engine". It appears as soon as I start the engine and move the vehicle and some time it came on less than 50 yards of traveling. The warning did not appear if I do not move the vehicle. After a few attempts to diagnose all the modules using Lynx Diagnostic Tool I could not locate any faults and I was confident that I can still use the vehicle.

This morning I decided to make a 200 miles trip with the warning on but drive with care and always monitoring the dashboard to see if any other warning surfaces and there was none. To my surprise the warning signs did not re-appear after I made a R&R stop half way to my destination. Now the warning is gone !

I narrow down to 2 possibilities it is either the suspension or the brake problem. Should any body have a good advise on this issue or any suggestion please help. Thank you.
Hi, I had the same issue with my RRS L320 TDV8 a couple of days ago. Took it to a mechanic garage, they tried to diagnose the problem, then they told me to have my battery checked, did that as well, results came back all good with the battery. Then I googled in search of the problem and saw your post. When west checked the fluid level of the stability control, it was low, so we topped it up & took it for a test drive and the warning was gone.

Many thanks for sharing your post as it helped to resolve the mistery than not even the RRS experts could detect.
Much appreciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts