RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Please i need urgent help here.My rangie is a 1996 model.The problem is that while driving all the lights in the dashboard including that in the gear box goes off and there is a subsequent loss of power.In this position if I should mistakenly put the gear in the parking position and try shifting to another gear it will refuse to shift.The lights usaully come on when I run into Pot Holes.Running into pot holes also turns off the lights.I have also found that when the lights turn off, the right Head light also does not come on.
Can somebody please tell why she is being temperamental.and what i can do to correct it.

Thanks

Edable

·
Registered
453 Posts
as it effects more than one circuit i would guess it's an earth problem. Look in rave and see which earth points are used for the dash lights, see if everything connected to that earth point is problematic also

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Tasi, yes loosing instruments as well as well as Loss of power in moving the vehicle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
check out the main fuse board, under the bonnet right hand side.
mine went recently, where the red + cable bolts onto the board was fractured had exact same result as you . intermittent till i went over a driveway crossover onto a main road. it died a thousand deaths in the middle of the road .... absolutely nothing not even hazard lights.
all fuses/relays checked okay. was in the board itself and not noticed until we bumped said red cable.
this is a vehicle up to this point :twisted: which has been treated gently , doubt it's ever been 'offroad'. so just one of those unexplained equipment failures.
i ended up buying a new board (AUD $389) and changed over. andrew e on AULRO had lent me a 2nd hand board (which i really appreciated) but that created some other issues.
hope this helps :think:

...............tasi :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts