RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,159 Posts
You have to take the fascia off where the switches are to get to the back of the clock. Both side panels of the centre console have to cone off, and the knee panel under the steering wheel have to be removed to access all the screws.

From memory it goes a bit like this:
Remove 2 screws from window switchpack. Unplug and remove

Remove 1 screw from gear shift surround, remove and disconnect cigar lighter connector.

Undo 2 screws on each side panel, release side panel clip from upper fascia (very small screwdriver in the join)

Remove radio front plate (if original LR stereo fitted) or blanking plates (if aftermarket stereo fitted and these have been added)

Remove bolt head caps and undo 4 bolts in drivers knee panel. Release air vent hose, remove panel.

You should now have access all around the fascia and there will be 5 screws. One either side of the radio, one either side about half way up, and on in the corner near where the headlamp switch is.

With the screws out, remove fascia and undo the connectors from the switches/clock etc.

Replace clock lamp, and whilst you are in there I would remove the cabin temp sensor (under the clock) and give it a clean out as the fan is probably clogged with dust and crud.

Reassemble in reverse order.

It sounds like a lot of work, and it might take you awhile the first time, but I can get in and have a fascia out in about 15mins now... Once you've done it once, you'll be set :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That's a great write up Marty, but you forgot the

PLASTIC ALERT

Take it very slowly and try not to break too much of the fragile, brittle plastic .....

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,159 Posts
Good point Spiggy.. Most of the panels you have to remove are fairly rugged - but definitely don't go tightening the screws up tooooooo tight as it will crack/break off the plastic mounting lugs on the fascia...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Marty and Spiggy for your thoughts. As I have replaced my heater core O-rings on this Rhino in the past, I do remember how careful I had to be on the plastic. I have no idea how I would replace the very rare color this interior has. It sounds like some of the old familiar steps. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts