RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to this but would like a little help with my RR Vogue year 2000.
my central locking is all messed up (keeps locking when in the car and keeps jump when using fob) also windows both front won't open and also rear door won't open, is this all linked to the same problem, tried using EKA method but still no good, tried resetting windows but windows won't even open, on Dash the messages comes up (key battery low) (window not set). 12vbattery keeps running down.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
I see at least three issues that are not related.

Your dancing door locks can be addressed by testing your latches as outlined in the door latch stickie above. This will also resolve one possibility on battery drain.

Windows not operating is most likely a failed switch pack. Again see the window switch pack stickie above as well as the FAQ stickie.

EKA has nothing to do with inoperable items with the exception of your alarm locking you out. You would then have an error message on the dash to enter the EKA. However you must have fully operable latches as EKA is really only a back up for a non functioning remote. It is required that you have at least one fully operable remote at all times and repair or replace any latch when it shows signs of failure. Not maintaining these can land you in a locked BeCM and an expensive repair bill to have it rectified. Once you get your BeCM back you still have to address the original cause... failed latch or latches. Of course it appears your remote is weak due to low battery.

Door not opening could be a failed latch, disconnected rod and/or duff child latch mechanism.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Send a message to Martynz, he will sort you out, sounds like you need a recon latch. If you see sticky at top of home page you can see how to test the latches,

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
The sticky is not in the home pages. There are no stickies in the home pages. The latch test stickie will be in the stickies above this thread.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,159 Posts
I also repair and sell on exchange window switchpacks if repairing it doesn't work or it's not your cup of tea to rip apart.

Does the mirror control work on either of the front doors? It could be possible that if the door locking/window/locking all don't work on one or other of the front doors, then it could be a connection to the outstation that is causing the problem. If you lose the communication to the drivers door, then the window won't work, and neither will the locking - it will also prevent the door latch switch operations from being sent back to the BECM. Though if your drivers door unlocks, and then locks straight away again, then the outstation and communications are OK and it points back to the latch itself.

Marty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks for your reply will get to work,
all the best.
Geoff1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts