RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover P38A
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Giving the Range a clean today and when I took the driver side Matt out noticed it was damp underneath.

The dampness was right at the edge of the plastic trim that secures the carpet just by the door.

Thought it was the heater matrix O ring scenario, however we don u'se any coolant (the expansion tank is always at the correct cold mark).

Just had the A/C regassed last week but after tasting the dampness it wasn't fresh tasting as I also tasted the water from under the Range and that was o.k.

The moisture from the carpet tasted disgusting and had an oily texture/feel.

Suppose I should taste some coolant for comparison.

Strange that there's no coolant loss!

Garry

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Not strange at all. When was the last time you cleaned out your AC drains? if they are plugged your carpets will get wet from the evap.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
whoops, sorry, didn;t see the oily notation. That would definatley be coolant then. THere are only two options for wet carpets in that area.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Could well be water ingress via Pollen filter seals/plenum covers, which collects in sill area and breaks down your loom taping, also producing an oilly mess.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. I was hoping it was either the AC drains or LarryS suggestion but I fear the worst.

I'm just going out to taste the coolant in the expansion tank for comparison.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi 33(, aye it makes you appreciate just how good whisky is in comparrison. I've no idea how long this has been leeking as never had to top up the coolant . It,s an age thing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts