Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know how my wife managed this (see photo), my question is what would you guys' do, am I buying 2 or 4 new tires ? frustrating part is these only have 15-20k on them.

thoughts ?

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Don't know how my wife managed this (see photo), my question is what would you guys' do, am I buying 2 or 4 new tires ? frustrating part is these only have 15-20k on them.

thoughts ?
At least two that's for sure. If they are the same kind, it should not be a problem. I heard that if you have different tires on the front, than you do on the back, it can cause some issues with the TCS. I have never experienced this, just going by what I have heard.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Ouch. What about the manufacturer's warranty? I'd imagine about 1/2 life prorated no?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to go ask a local Cooper dealer but guess I'm expecting them to say "Sorry you hit something"...

·
Registered
799 Posts
Check autozone or Canadian Tire. They may have some tire glue or cement you can use to glue it back.... holding it on place is easy. Drive onto it :)

Gorilla glue also comes to mind. I know I'll get slammed for saying it but it's worth a try.. Cheap, easy to fix and in a few days check it again and see if it has come apart. If it does go buy your new tires. No biggie.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,519 Posts
Did you buy Road Hazard protection at the time? If so, it would be covered under that program...worthwhile double checking the paperwork at the time of purchase...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did not buy Road hazard, it clearly would have paid off this go round but in general I'm Anti-Extended Warranty. 2 new tires going on tomorrow, going to see if I can get the 1 good Existing Cooper to fit as my spare.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,519 Posts
I suppose it depends on what they are charging you for the Road Hazard. Having had 3 sets of Nitto Terra Grapplers, they charged me I think 30 bucks a tire at Discount on a $200 tire....and I've been able to use it on a couple of occasions for gouged sidewalls. Unfortunately on my last trip to Colorado, I had a puncture that would have been covered, but the town where I was didn't have a Discount tire so I was forced to put a different brand on...at any rate, they were down to the last 5k of tread wear. If you're not doing much offroading or have a lot of potholes to deal with, probably Ok to go w/o the extra protection.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ended up with 1 Good spare Cooper out of this ordeal, going to get another 20" wheel to have a truly full size spare. I feel like I've read somewhere on the forum it will fit but I may have to air it down to get it up under the vehicle ? Can anyone confirm ?

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
What is the size again? 285/60/18 (31.5") and 265/65/18 (31.6") will fit deflated. Make sure you get a compressor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts