RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A forum member was nice enough to solve a sort term issue for me and loan me out his interface cable for the Allcomms software which got stolen out of my vehicle. However before I went to mail I back out I am still getting a cylinder 8 misfire. All spark plugs were replaced with auto lite iridiums from work which were verified for OEM gap, and I replaced both cylinder 5 and 8 coil packs as the RSW software when I still lived in Colorado was detecting it. After the replacement of all spark plugs, new crankcase ventilation valve and new cylinder 5 and 8 coil packs the software is still showing a solid fault for a cylinder 8 misfire. I have replace the common fail items, what else could I look at?

The vehicle is not kicking off a check engine soon light at all. This was only seen when the software was connected to the ecu. The body control module cannot be accessed by the software and says offline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
What positions were the coils that you replaced?

Both 5 and 8 are on the driver's side, the front for 5, the rear for 8.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
611 Posts
I have the same issue. Solid misfires on 8. To many rangies are sick with this 8.cylinder.

I have this misfires for 2 years. Replaced half of truck but i am still getting this code.
Even i rebuild the compressor unit.

Next move for me replacing the termostat and cutting out the catalytic converters.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RoverGuy7, all I know is we had a commercial account with a mobile mechanic at work. I bought the parts, provided the mechanic with the firing order we print out for customers and he did the replacement in the parking lot at my work.

Mylife, when you define "sick" do you mean it has been acting up long term but is still driveable? My concern at this point is I don't want a cylinder #8 failure down the road. Why does that one cylinder act up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
611 Posts
Yesterday we checked compression on cylinders.
I have 8 on 7-8 cylinders the others were 10. In cold 7-8 cylinders show 6 the others 10.

If I have free time today we will check the compression with oil.

Yes, jenznator I am driving almost for 2 years with misfires. Misfires are coming only on cold engine.

Couldn't find the reason but the compression is low. I don't know what I have to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts