RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just starting to get cold here in Boulder and I've got an intermittent code/CEL that's seems to be popping up. It says cylinder 8 misfire in first 1000 revs. Truck seems to otherwise drive fine -- with the exception that the idle dips more than it should when I turn the AC on.

It's a 2006 L322 supercharged. My thought is that I should first check the spark plugs and swap the coil to a different cylinder. The plugs only have about 50k on them, but I did have to change out the plugged PCV a while ago, but maybe they developed some fouling in the time it was burning oil. Or if I don't see anything on the plug, and if the cylinder shifts, then I have my answer.

Any better ideas? And perhaps most importantly, which is cylinder 8? I think it ought to be the one closest to the US driver side. But I can't find it documented.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys, have a similar problem.
Mine had was burning oil and ugave it valve seals .
It started well until I took on road and it couldn't go beyond 40k, stalled and the scanner doesn't show any codes

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
527 Posts
If you have any misfires on 8th or 7th do a compression test before spending money for spare parts.
Cold start problems, burning oil after warm up everthing is ok, not ok ends with no compression related to burnt exhaust valves mostly.
If the compression is ok this one is another story

1 - 4 of 4 Posts