RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My gems 4.6 keeps cutting out. Or runs rough, ok for a couple of hundred miles then get moody. I keep a couple of air mass sensors spare and change them over. But would like to get to the cause of the issue. Would be interested in your opinion.
Regards Steven

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
When it does it, dump a load of cold water on the CPS to cool it down and see if that cures it. When on their last legs they will always play up when hot.

Idle Air Valve (no idea where the C came from), the cylindical one bolted to the front of the throttle body. Two small screws, pull it out, clean it and the hole it fits it, put it back. DO NOT turn the ignition on with it unplugged or out.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Have you pulled the codes at all? Would be my first place to look if you know someone that has a nanocom or the like. Might also be worth taking a look at the live data to see if you are getting any cylinder misfires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
DaGlitch
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing