RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recently purchased HSE came with one transponder, but no physical key.
I bought and programmed a second transponder that has a blank to be cut. It this only done via duplicator of can it be done somehow by VIN?
Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
  • I bought a virgin key, including transponder on eBay for $25. Then brought it to an Indy who specializes in LR. He had the program to do it. $150 for the programming.
    that’s great news. I remember you saying you are from nyc area. Where is the Indy located? I will go to him ASAP to get a key made for my truck

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

• that’s great news. I remember you saying you are from nyc area. Where is the Indy located? I will go to him ASAP to get a key made for my truck
He'll do the programming, but he doesn't cut the physical, emergency key. That would be from a generic locksmith I presume.
Here's where I got the key fob: Remote Car Key Fob for Land Rover LR2 LR4 2012-2017,Range Rover Evoque /Sport | eBay

A few years back, I needed one programmed for my L322. I think I used this guy and he only charged me $100.
He's in Long Island City on Greenpoint Ave. It may be closer, but call first to make sure it's the right guy. I can't remember the name, so I looked via Google maps and I believe this was the shop. Unless maybe the guy next door.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don’t need the key cut just programmed so it can unlock and start the truck. I only have one key and that key is a hit or miss even with a new battery sometimes it’s not recognized or it’ll be acting up.

A while back in my other Range Rover which I had two keys for I was on a trip 4 hours awaY from home with only one key. I had it in the drink tray I had gotten a large soda from McDonald’s and during a hard brake the soda spilled all over the key ruining it. I had to do a straight drive home ASAP and get the second key.

I’ve been lucky with one key on this l405 for the last year but it’ll be a matter of time.

thank you so much for your help I was looking for months everyone wanted $450+

1 - 6 of 6 Posts