Range Rovers Forum banner

Custom Sub Enclosures

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  PowerBroker 
#1 ·
If anyone is in the Seattle Washington area I came across a company on ebay (customsubenclosures) that makes carpeted custom enclosures for different vehicles. They don't have any for RR but they would need one of our RRS to be able to mass produce these. Anyone?

#3 ·
Eh it lacks bass punch from the factory, an upgrade to the sub is a great idea. All of the other speakers are very good!

I have a custom box that hugs the driver side of the trunk with 1 JL 10" sub. Its carpeted and looks almost OEM. It's wired to an Alpine 300.1 amp under the rear seats paired with a line converter to tap the OEM signal.

I personally love it. I have the gain pretty low on the amp and it really wakes up the bass. I can make it BOOM if I wanted but I wanted more SQ than DB.

I acquired mine from Craigslist from a guy parting his RRS, he had it custom made at a car stereo shop in Dallas and said the speaker and custom box ran him about $800, and its a cheap speaker, maybe $150 retail. I was able to get it for far cheaper luckily :).

I think if the company could offer a carpeted empty box similar to mine for under $300 it would be worth considering. Perhaps a package of sub/amp/install kit for people too.

If mine vanished, I love the sound so much, I would replace it immediately.

#9 ·
This is how I ride 90% of the time....unless I have the whole family and we go out of town and I need the extra space......then I just take the box out and sit it in the garage :)

View attachment 157665
Thats not custom, thats a big box... I guess OP gave up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.