RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gotta smooth lower tailgate next but its starting to take shape...

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Kinda hard to picture until you get the tailgate finished. Great work though!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
933 Posts
if the police rund your way are anything like the ones here you are going to get pulled for that plate so quickly!

interesting mod though - better than the front bumper thing!

-Will :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey xsuggs99,

I'm still waiting for your wiring diagram :(

It's been hell for me as i'm unable to get the headlight powered up. Can Please Please show us how you got this done.

Thanks

·
Registered
665 Posts
cant wait untill the rest is finished, i really enjoy your pics. Wish I had the heart to do that to mine.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Whats the front look like?

Scotty

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
front looks like this so far......

still far from finished though :thumb:

ill do wiring diagram asap for ya now m8. :wink:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Apart from the bumper which looks oversized :think: looks like a bulldozzer dosn't comform with the rear,don't look right ,would be good in the snow :dance: compared to the rest of the car ,the front lights grill and side vents look good :thumb:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Good job but there's something wrong with the gap between lower and upper tailgate.
Before it made a line with OEM lights, since you filled that gap over the corner lights, it looks weird.
If you want to go that way you either need to recreate the gap over the corner lights or fill the gap between upper and lower tailgate (which means you'll have to modify those in order to have a single tailgate like on a Range Rover Sport )

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Gonna be brutally honest, I hate the front bumper but I love those rear lights. Absolutely wicked :thumb:

·
Registered
468 Posts
996TURBO said:
If you want to go that way you either need to recreate the gap over the corner lights or fill the gap between upper and lower tailgate (which means you'll have to modify those in order to have a single tailgate like on a Range Rover Sport )
I think if you continued the gap around then the lights would look too low. Interested to see how it blends once the lower tailgate is attacked.

·
Registered
127 Posts
if the police rund your way are anything like the ones here you are going to get pulled for that plate so quickly!
Book 'em Danno :lol:

I too quite like the rear lights, first saw them on a classic RR at Billing show. They were Hella units as used on a lot of motor homes.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
rogan said:
996TURBO said:
I think if you continued the gap around then the lights would look too low. Interested to see how it blends once the lower tailgate is attacked.
So we have a Rover where the lights don't match the bonnet, the bumper doesn't match the wings, the bumper doesn't match the car, the rear lights don't match the tailgate...

Xsuggs' MG has shown that going nuts with the fibre glass doesn't make a good looking car, merely a schizoprehic one.

·
Registered
320 Posts
offroadbaz said:
They were Hella units as used on a lot of motor homes.
Around here they are used on city buses, which is exactly what M55UGS reminds me of. :think:

·
Registered
453 Posts
The lights look good.
I had the same lights put on my Jag, designed the surrounds myself to replace the stock lights.

[attachment=0:1bin2b2s]x-type-black.jpg[/attachment:1bin2b2s]

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Nice car and nice photos.
The problem with the P38 rear lights is that you have 4 of them

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice job :clap: :clap: :clap:
Can you PM me the headlight wiring diagram?
I am looking on doing my this weekend.
thanks for any help.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just a idea, completly remove lights on lower tailgate altogether and install on lower bumper section...
I too am considering doing the front head light mod...not sure yet though

·
Registered
453 Posts
Why have 8 circular lights on the back when 4 will do?

i have 4 (2 each side) which do all brake, tail light, indicators, fog, reverse and reflector.

Might look odd on a p38 though

1 - 20 of 42 Posts