RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brought my '10 RRS HSE in last week for the "assurance" service. seems to have helped with some of the buggy window, seat memory stuff. one weird thing i have noticed is that now when i fill my tank and look at the "miles to empty" it appears that the number has gone down (hard to imagine). it used to be in the low 320's or so, now it's showing high 290's? not sure if this has anything to do with the service call, a reset of some sensor, or anything they might have done, but the timing does seem to coincide, so i figured i'd toss it out there and see what the "pros" had to say. thanks in advance

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Nothing to worry about. That mileage range is only an estimate to begin with, and it resets to a default value each time they do something involving diagnostics, along with a bunch of other trip data (such as your average mpg, etc.) It will quickly adjust up - or down - depending on your driving style and recent traffic conditions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i assumed = but nice to hear it from you. thanks - and trust me, i'm not worried. wouldn't have bought a rover if i was worried about gas mileage ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts