RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an odd issue which may not be an issue but I'm curious what controls the EAS system going from Hwy mode to normal height. I notice at times when I get off the Fwy it can take up to 5-7 minutes of driving at city street speeds before my rig decides to go back to normal height. By that I mean I'm not having flashing lights and it takes forever to rise. Once it decides to rise it pops right up. Sometimes when I exit a fwy it will rise back up within a minute or so of driving at low speeds.

So anyone know what controls this? Is there a relay or is the driver pack/ecu getting info from the speedo or trans?

What's annoying is when I exit thw Fwy going to work I have to immediately take a dirt road. It's getting to the point I have to put it in park and manually select normal height as it takes the system too long to decide to rise.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
This is handled in the EAS ECU. Mine do tis as well. However I am wondering why you are parking to change settings. EAS controls are "on the fly".

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is handled in the EAS ECU. Mine do tis as well. However I am wondering why you are parking to change settings. EAS controls are "on the fly".
In my case when my rig is in hwy mode and I'm driving at low speeds the switch does nothing unless I'm in park. I assume this is the case so you can't rise the car when driving on the hwy.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
You can always hit the inhibit switch if you want it in standard. Mine does it too, but I don't have to be in park to change it.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts
^exactly

Lock it with the inhibit switch and raise it yourself on the fly when you get off the highway.

Mine was inconsistent as well... Until I discovered the inhibit button in the owner's manual. Now I control everrryything (evil laugh)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts