RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Would you purchase sensors to prevent curb rash?

• Yes--up to a max of $300

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yes--up to a max of $450

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes--up to a $600

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No--I would not purchase

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this forum and some others I've seen quite a few posts about preventing and fixing curb rash. I am a serial entrepreneur and am considering starting a company to address this issue. The technology is challenging but the idea is really quite simple--electronic curb feelers; an array of sensors that would warn you BEFORE you scrape your rims.

We have a design and have filed for patents but I wonder how big the market would be. Would you buy? At what price?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Hmmmm, tire sidewall?:doh:

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
In 30+ years of driving I have never damaged a rim parking. I certainly would never pay hundreds of dollars for a beeper. If I were to go low profile rims on a new vehicle I would spend $15 for cat wiskers until I grew comfortable parking and learned where the corners of the car were.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Can't fix bad driving. Period.
Funny how I have put just under 3/4 of a MILLION miles on my big rig, and have no curb rash. And yeah I actually have sidewall, but I also deliver to some pretty gruesome places too.
Although our 98 with the OEM 18's probably has more sidewall than the newer ricer style wheels, I have yet to get rash on them neither.:shhh:
By all means, make something and attempt to sell it. Just dont be surprised when you dont sell any is all.
And the thread you posted is hardly a good one on which to make a business decision. Even the folks with the same rigs are mocking the OP of that one:lol:
Martin

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,459 Posts
Well..since your proposal is not RR specific, I think you should go ahead. There are obviously millions of drivers who get curb rash every year, otherwise there wouldn't be so many wheel repair services available, right!

However...are you asking whether RR owners would be willing to overpay for something that would cost a lot less for an Impala owner or a Chevy owner...if so...I'd say that depends on how gullible the owner is.

The idea is good...go for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts