RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have issues with the rubber cup holder insert coming out when picking up the drink?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes it drives me crazy. Does anyone have a solution besides adhesive? I’d still like them to be removable for cleaning.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Yes it drives me crazy. Does anyone have a solution besides adhesive? I’d still like them to be removable for cleaning.
You can put a thin piece of cloth over the cupholder, sort of like wrapping the lower side of the cup from the bottom as you slide it in. That will help with spills and such too. For the record, this was resolved in MY18

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have the same issue. If im using the one closest to arm rest I pull the cover back. This keeps it in place when I pull it up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used what amazon calls "nano tape" which is clear silicone type double sided tape that is non permanent and washable and put it underneath the holder, no problems for 3 years.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
920 Posts
It is annoying. You know what is even more annoying? The fact that it doesn't do it ALL the time. I can go months without an issue and then bam it starts happening again. And it isn't both. I stick mine in the dishwasher every so often.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmmm..... creating a fail safe knowing that something like this will fail?!?
:unsure:
thanks for the video... it was very helpful.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
I simply pull the cover back to cover the edge of the insert. Keeps it from being pulled up. Think that's what JoeDaddy was saying. Simple and free.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
920 Posts
I opened the bottom of the cup holder and I found this. What is this?
It is the spot where you hid your $100 bill for just in case reasons. ;)

Reactions: Ham Hands

·
Registered
483 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts