Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the issue where the cup holder inserts come out too easily when removing drinks? I am using regular size drink containers/cups but seems like something is wrong for them to come out easily. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Same problem here. I have yet to diy fix it and the dealer has not offered a solution. Im surprised there hasnt been a recall yet for this.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Could you wipe some tire dressing inside the cup holder to lubricate the rubber? That might help the insert stick to the car rather than your cup.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just slowly wiggle the cup a little before pulling it out. If the insert comes along with the cup, I just leave it on the cup put it all back in when I'm done drinking. I think making the insert more sticky/slightly larger on its outside is a better idea than making the inside smaller or lubricated. The goal is to hold cups, not make them slip out.

·
Registered
P525
217 Posts
For me not a Problem, it sticks properly.

The solution for you is simple a bit double sided tape below the cup inserts.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,567 Posts
Same problem here. I have yet to diy fix it and the dealer has not offered a solution. Im surprised there hasnt been a recall yet for this.
They definitely should halt production of future RRSs until this issue has been resolved, lol.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Absolutely. This is far more serious an issue than having your nuts fall off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have had the same issue. I am also surprised the cup holder does not fit a greater variety of sizes like you see in most cheap cars now. It's a small issue in a great car but details matter and LR overlooked a detail lots of folks use regularly with the cup holders.

·
Registered
263 Posts
And it has nothing to do with the cup sizes you use over there? My double espresso cup or Red Bull can fits very nicely in the cup holder, thank you! ??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
274 Posts
And it has nothing to do with the cup sizes you use over there? My double espresso cup or Red Bull can fits very nicely in the cup holder, thank you!
When I ridin fo deep, ain't fittin no foteez up in dat. Also, stemware wiggles around a lot and wine stains are the pits.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
65 Posts
Huh???

Google Translate couldn't even help me with that one.
Here is my guess "When I am driving in my truck with 3 companions we find it very difficult fitting our 40oz size malt liquor bottles into the said cup holders" Ha!:lol:

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Yup. Of course those three companions are the ones using the term "Full Fat" for an L322 and L405. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts