RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.
I've been diagnosing my cruise control intermittent problem with the RAVE and according to the diagnostics, it's the Cruise ECU (cruise works very rarely. When it works I hear the clicks, when it doesn't, I get no clicks. Vacuum lines all replaced and good). Called British Pacific to get a new one and they say the part is no longer available. Does anyone else out there know of a new one I can purchase? Or am I stuck getting a used one from the salvage yard?

Thanks.

-Spencer

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
As rarely as they fail there is nothing wrong with one from the breakers.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Have long been dissatisfied with RR cruise control... positively agriculatural even by standards of the day when it was built...rather than the "ancient" vacuum actuation, I have have been snooping around to see if I can get a digital stepper motor type from another make and see if it can be adapted... far more precise... !

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
I was at the wrecking yard today and saw the Cruise ECU and module, I'll tell ya what, I'm going to go get these parts in the A.M. I don't know if there any good or not, there not all beat up or anything, I wonder if I can take a 12v battery from a drill to test for a click or something hmmmm. I'll get the power pin and ground from the Rave. Can't hurt to have some spare parts. If you want to PM me we can talk more .

Scotti

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Make sure you note what year it comes off of.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Scotti,
PM sent. I will have to say, in providing full disclosure, that i used some contact cleaner on all the connectors and put it back together. As of this moment, it's actually working. But I thnk having a spare is definitely a good idea.

Thanks!

-Spence

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Goatwerks said:
Are you sure it is an ECU? A lot of good ECU's are replaced when the actual fault is in the Rotory coupling.
Well, how can you say anything is for sure when the fault is so intermittent? I followed the procedure in the RAVE and I started the procedure when the car was in "non-working" mode. Basically, the car passed every test with the ECU out of the circuit, and so the RAVE said it must be the ECU. Also, all the buttons other buttons on the steering wheel work perfectly. Wouldn't a rotary coupling failure also cause the other buttons to be intermittent?
I dunno... if anyone has other procedures for finding the fault here, I'm happy to listen.

Thanks!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,445 Posts
Hoges said:
Have long been dissatisfied with RR cruise control... positively agriculatural even by standards of the day when it was built...rather than the "ancient" vacuum actuation,
Interesting, I find mine works quite well and far better than the one that was in our mid-90s VT Holden Commodore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts