RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Cruise control never worked when I first bought the vehicle. Just started to look at why. I have done the vacuum tests and all seems fine, actuator moves. ( I have actually taped over the pipe end at the brake pedal to isolate switch as problem ). So problem appears electrical.
Have gone through the Rave electrical trouble shooting and all okay until I test the switches. I don't appear to get any reading at all. I removed the airbag to have a look at circuit and some of the lines appear not to be in the best of health, and assume circuit is broken. Would this be a common problem with the p38 cruise control. By the way I only have the cruise buttons and not radio buttons on the wheel.
I have posted a couple of photos of suspect circuits. ( hopefully the photos load ). Is anyone able to identify for me that this circuit is damaged, and also if there is a bypass test of the button I can do to target this as being the problem.
Thanks Guys

http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a40 ... C11501.jpg

http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a40 ... C11502.jpg

·
Registered
453 Posts
the steering wheel uses resistance to send the information to the relevant ecu. All info is sent on one circuit i believe.
The steering cassette is known to play up could this be the problem?

There are posts on here where readers have looked at the steering cassette and altered it for aftermarket radios (altering the resistance for each switch input)

Saying that your switch has to pass the info to the steering cassette which you should be able to test on a meter.
Check continuity of the switch and see if it changes when depressed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
to me it looks as if it has a defect just before the circuit reaches the white tape i,ve had a look on the spare one i,ve got (i,ve sent you a pm) and it does not look like that also have a spare cassette . neil

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
If the circuit is broken you can solder a small piece of wire across the open circuit completing the path, if nothing else this will help in the troubleshooting process.. I also have all the cruise control parts for sale....I should fix mine some day...hmmmm :think:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts