RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I move to a Credit Card solution or should stick with paypal that is the question?
If you get a chance I have listed 25 new parts on my web-site check it out... :dance:

Thanks Scotty

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
PayPal. Although it is a bit of a pain, you would be better using it as you are less likely to become a victim of fraud.

I lost over GBP400 through Credit Card fraud last year.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Paypal, ship on verified funds. :thumb:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Add AlertPay and Moneybookers to your arsenal. Also all three services offer direct credit card precessing. Try to get their merchant/higher end account.

·
Registered
494 Posts
i was about to say...i use paypal for the security, but use my credit card to fund the paypal transacation. :thumb: .

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for your input..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Credit card only.

I sold an item on eBay and was paid via PayPal, I then dispatched the item. I received positive feedback. I was then informed via e-mail that the PayPal "owner" had reported that the transaction was not down to them, so PayPal took my money away again, pending "investigation" - what investigation?

They refused to reply to my numerous e-mails and threats of legal action. Same with eBay who did not even bother to respond. So I lost the item, lost the money, and some bas***d is laughing away with my "sold" item. Thanks a lot PayPal. At least if you are paid via card and can see the money in your account they can't take it away again.

Although to be fair, I expect that if you take it out of your PayPal as soon as it is cleared you should be OK. But BEWARE :evil:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Rich998a said:
I lost over GBP400 through Credit Card fraud last year.
that's it? not bad... I got hit for a Genuine MKIII front strut about a year ago, that's why I require billing/shipping to the same address unless the customer calls in.

Then I got hit for full set of GenIII's, on a fraudulently obtained CC, so instead of Visa taking the loss, I get too...
Visa still won't admit it was THEIR fault for issuing a CC to an address with nobody actually living in it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts