RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just picked up an '11 RRS last week and it seems have to developed a 'creaking' in the driver's seat. Going over small bumps at lower speeds triggers this very annoying creak in the backrest and base. At first, I thought it was suspension related perhaps, but after sitting on almost the edge of the driver's seat while driving over some bumps, the suspension did not clunk, nor did the base of the seat (as my weight as off it as much as I could to rule out that it was a suspension clunk).

I have made an appointment with the dealer to have checked out (the truck is CPO). Now I also have looked on the LR TOPIX site and found there was a technical bulletin titled: LTB00530NAS1 - 'Creak' Noise From Front Seat Base

Here is the link if that helps: http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/t...d=243224&groupId=121&ssmView=false&tabs=false

I don't have access to the subscription system, so if anyone if anyone does, would you be able to pull the bulletin and post so I can dive in more or at least check the symptoms to see if they match up and of course, reference it when I head to the dealer.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
436 Posts
I had some slight rocking movement in my seat when excellerating, and aggressive breaking. Found a service advisory on lower seat frame replacement that fixed the problem.
Squeaking, is a whole different issue. It could be almost anywhere, including the springs in the seat it's self.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
If you are dying to find out, a 1-hour subscription to TopiX's TSB / Bulletins section for a single model/model year only costs $7-8 or so... And within that hour you can view and download a host of other tech bulletins and special service messages that may apply to your vehicle as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts