RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appeared on TopiX a few weeks ago. It's a TSB, so if your vehicle is under factory warranty and the sunroof is creaking the dealer should replace at no charge, even though a rubber seal would normally be considered a non-covered "wear and tear" trim piece. However, the instructions to replace this seal are so simple to follow that anyone should be able to do this regardless of warranty status, for just the cost of a replacement seal (part # included in the bulletin), a little patience and about 15 minutes of time. Posting for reference.

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,470 Posts
Excellent...looks easy enough indeed.

Wonder if that might be the cause of some moisture getting in thru the car wash high pressure jets...saw a few drops of water come out of the overhead light assembly space where the radar detector is hard wired.

Thanks UB!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think some droplets will make it through that seal if the water pressure of the car wash sprayers is strong enough... Whenever I drive through one of those touchless coin-op washes at gas stations to get a quick rinse on my way home from an especially dusty trail, I usually push up against the sunroof as the washing arm passes above it. If I don't, and the sunshade is open, I can sometimes feel a little misty air hitting my face! :lol: Those things can be pretty powerful.

You could also try repositioning the glass panel in the sunroof opening as it may need to be realigned within its rails after a few years of opening / closing. You need to release the "accordion" blinds to loosen the screws that allow re-centering of the panel, see page six of this TSB for instructions: download/file.php?id=4749

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
umbertob said:
I think some droplets will make it through that seal if the water pressure of the car wash sprayers is strong enough
or if you leave the sunroof cracked open. ask me how i know. :doh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts