RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Supercharged. When the vehicle is locked and the mirrors fold-in, the driver's side mirror creaks. Sounds like plastic/rubber of course.

Anybody have a suggestion on how to lube or is it a "live with it" thing?

Thanks!

·
Banned
107 Posts
Silicone lubrication is your friend. A quick squirt from an aerosol will do it

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts
I remember having the same thing with our 2011 Range Rover. Not only would it creak while shutting, but on occasion, they would not open and shut smoothly and had even gotten stuck once. I'm sure all that the dealer's tech. did was applied lubricant as suggested above. For the most part, new Land Rovers do not have too many quirks other than the terrible multi-media systems in my experience with our 17 Range Rover Sport. Even our 13 Range Rover Sport has not had many little issues/annoyances like the 11 RR did. Enjoy your new Range Rover!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember having the same thing with our 2011 Range Rover. Not only would it creak while shutting, but on occasion, they would not open and shut smoothly and had even gotten stuck once. I'm sure all that the dealer's tech. did was applied lubricant as suggested above. For the most part, new Land Rovers do not have too many quirks other than the multi-media systems in my experience with our 17 Range Rover Sport. Enjoy your new Range Rover!
Thanks JM! I picked-up some silicone spray lube as suggested. I am sure it'll take care of this quirk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts