RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My 2018 sport has developed a tremendous amount if creaking in the cabin coming from both sides if the car. It can be heard at low speeds on any uneven and sometimes even surfaces. Any others experiencing this? The vehicle was perfectly quiet the first year of ownership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
take it into dealer... they are aware of issues like this, there is a technical bulletin on this and a kit and procedure has been issues to service centers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks for response. I mentioned it when it was in two weeks ago but they acted like it was normal. I’ll take it back and put some pressure on them to rectify it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What is the technical bulletin for the creaking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am also curious about this.

I've had numerous cabin noise issues emanating from the dashboard to the doors and it feels like every time the dealer fixes one thing, another creaking noise pops up. Would like to have some resolution and external validation of this before my dealer thinks I am a complete OCD nut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a similar problem. Something loose in my case in the rear panels. Haven’t taken it in yet because the dealer was stonewalling this issue on a previous visit

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great thanks for response. I mentioned it when it was in two weeks ago but they acted like it was normal. I’ll take it back and put some pressure on them to rectify it.

Did you have any luck getting the noise issues resolved? I have the same issue with both front doors as well as behind the center dash vents. Have taken to the dealer twice and say they cannot reproduce

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far dealer said they can’t reproduce but it’s there all the time. I’m taking it back in again and going to drive it with the head mechanic this time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you get the TSB please post it. I have a brand new 19 and have developed some creaking

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry folks I forgot I replied to this thread.. There has been many over the years and various causes They are still using the same squeak and rattle kit when needed to remedy some of the causes.
tsb about the kit was back in 2013 LTB00389nas3
LTB00746nas7 is about front seat squeaking. LTB01141nas2 is about the roof panel creaking.

These are just a few for reference. your dealer should be able to rectify the problem they just need to take the time to investigate the issue. Most often they do not want to be bothered, without a specific code to submit for a warranty claim to corporate they dont get paid. They have to have a repair code to justify the time with corporate for compensation and in many cases too much time is needed to diagnose the issue without them being compensated for that time. Sad part is if we were out of warranty and paying out of pocket they would be sure to spend the time and take out money.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Mine creaks also but it doesn't bother me as I usually drown it out with the stereo or open windows.

·
Registered
47 Posts
bill2019 are these TSB’s for the L494 or the previous sport version? Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts