RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took about 3 hours to do the 10 minute FSR change out (due to intermittent fan operation). LHD is much harder with trim/g-box removal :(
anyway, when i put glovebox back in, i shut it and now it won't open. 8-0= i looked in from the side (wood trim was still off near vent on rhs) and the cable end came off the latch. cable end (that should hook to latch) moves when i push the button, but is not connected. anyone have advice on this ?? i thought i might could saw off the latch catch male end or cut off bottom legs ?? i really don't need the glovebox space wise, but if a fuse goes bad, i'm done.
thanks
redtarpon

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
144 Posts
this happened to me when i had my dvd changer installed. The installer was able to get to it from the side - i also just took out the center speaker and it may be possible to reach from there. He just opened it with an angled pick tool that was pretty mong from the side though - maybe took 3 minutes. Just pulled the same area the cable pulls - hard to explain..... But it did get opened up and fixed - put hot glue on the little metal part to hold it in place so it won't slip out when pushing the glove box back in.

JH

G

·
0 Posts
Not to rub salt into the wounds, but you don't need to remove the glovebox to replace the FSR on a LHD model Range Rover. Just an FYI incase you need to go back in like I had to (First replacement part went bad after 2 days)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts