RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 4.6 here. Just can't figure it out. Looking for some help. Remote is good batteries as well , but went through all the resyncing methods with no good results. PLUS, because I have to lock it manually, when I open the driver door to get out and lock and close it, the driver side passenger door unlocks. THEN, I have to walk over and re-lock the passenger side back seat door. THEN I have to go back to the driver side door and re-lock. I look like an ass in the parking lot trying to lock the **** thing. A buddy of mine who is a Rover Mechanic told me he thinks it is the driver side door actuator but I am not sold on that idea.
PLEASE HELP! Tired of being stared at at Walmart.
Johnny

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi,
my remote aint synching at the moment either but i dont have the same problem with the locks as you.
if your buddies a rover mechanic why not believe him??
get a cheap second hand part and swop it out see if that is the problem, i hav eheard that the actuator can cause these problems.
good luck

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Well maybe your rig just doesn't like being seen at Walmart. :?

Door lock issues are very common. A search or even a read on home page will fill you in on all the what where and why. Your Rangie mechanic is most likely dead on. Contact Scotty and get a replacement before you get locked out, your BeCM goes into "I've been stolen" mode and you have to shell out bigger bucks to get your systems cleared and in sync.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem, and my locks make the locking sound as I'm driving. They are getting worse. Was this ever resolved? If so, please fwd the link.
But, what I have found from other posts on this site, is that if the other doors lock & unlock using the key, then it's not the actuator. It's most likely the BeCM.
I'd appreciate any information you can fwd.
Thanks.

·
Registered
405 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
Well maybe your rig just doesn't like being seen at Walmart. :?

Door lock issues are very common. A search or even a read on home page will fill you in on all the what where and why. Your Rangie mechanic is most likely dead on. Contact Scotty and get a replacement before you get locked out, your BeCM goes into "I've been stolen" mode and you have to shell out bigger bucks to get your systems cleared and in sync.
True story. Same thing happened to me, although I had a different (and slightly less complex) method to lock the car. Get it fixed now, because - speaking from experience, having the car in 'i've been stolen' mode sucks, as does the entire process to fix it from there.

It's the actuator(s). You need new a one(s).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts