RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,

About 2 months ago, my dad crashed our 4.4 HSE Range Rover with a big Scania truck! The driver of the truck was drunk, and my dad is alive today thanks to the might of the Range Rover! After two months dealing with the insurance company (here in Albania things suck a little) they offered to give us the money to buy a new car (which will be a '07 RR Supercharged).

What was strange, they offered to give us back the crashed Range Rover if we wanted it! Or they could give us some more money if we'd let us keep it! Anyways, I think that I will keep it! I think it can be a very nice car to do something special to it!

After the crash, the engine and the transmission broke (among other things) but, the chassis is still intact, and it has no damage at all! can you give me some ideas what can I do with the car, if I decide to keep it? I have like 3 more weeks to decide what to do with it!

Being that I have to change the transmission and the engine can I put a different engine rather than the 4.4 BMW engine? I was thinking of a Jaguar Engine, maybe the 4.2 L Supercharged or the new 5.0 litre engine! What are the options that I can do with it!

I really want to do something different with the car, and even though this could be a project that could take several years and a big ammount of money, I'm willing to do so!

Thanks for your ideas in advance!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any pics of the crashed car for the moment! It was too much for me, being in the accident and also being that I loved the car! So, I don't have any pics! Maybe I can take a couple of pics in the next few days!

·
Registered
543 Posts
C3PO.

Check out "Electric Range Rover" on Google ? They offer a full electric powertrain that bolts in from the United Kingdom dude !

I think there is even some footage from www.youtube.com under the same heading with illustrations of a fully assembled kit.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Personally, I would build it into an off-road truck, lift, winch, rock slider, skid plates and lockers, maybe even an internal roll cage. Once, it has been totaled by the insurance company, the resale is never going to be very good, so build it to use it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
why dont you have carcannibal buy it from you and not pay you for it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gw2doc said:
why dont you have carcannibal buy it from you and not pay you for it?
the insurance company, offered me almost 12k euros (almost 18k usd) for the ride! I thought about that, but I got love for the Range, and I don't want to let it go and become parts source for other cars... :(

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
I'm known for being sentimental about my cars and not being able to get rid of them, but for 12keuros, you can buy a running 02 or 03. If you look for one with minor accident damage (not one where people barely survived...) or a mechanical failure, you can prob even find a car w/relatively low miles and have enough left over for the repair + a couple of accessories. 12k is way to much to pass up for anything aside from minor damage for an 03 (going by your sig).

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I'd let your father collect on the full value of the totaled range... Unless you're a seasoned mechanic you'll but dumping TONS of money into parts and labor to get that back to operational status. How was there no body damage if he got hit by a truck and the engine and trans are no longer working?

I'd let it go

1 - 11 of 11 Posts