RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 HSE 163K miles. If I am just replacing the stock main bearing for out of tolerance wear, do I need to replace with the standard bearing replacement from Atlantic British ?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
You will need to mesure your crank for wear to determine standard/+0.10/+0.20.

After sending my crank to be turned and balanced I was happy to get a call that ntohing needed to be done to it at 60Kmiles so I installed standard bearings. Since you are in there you may as well do the rod bearings and front and rear seals. At least then everything is taken care of at once.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Is it more common to find noise from main bearing wear or from big end connecting rod bearing wear?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm adding to this thread with a question regarding brand of bearings to go for. I intended to buy Federal Mogul (AE Automotive which are OEM supply) only I just received an email from the company I ordered from telling me that they are currently unavailable. They offer alternative choices being Britpart, Allmakes and Bearmach. Does anyone have an opinion to share on whether these alternatives are any good? Personally I would steer clear of Britpart but I believe that Bearmach might be OK. Anyone agree or should I keep searching for Federal Mogul? I'm looking for +010" (ist oversize), part numbers are: STC 142610G and STC 429910G.
Cheers!
Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts