RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the car last week after getting crank oil seal done and new radiator fitted.

All was fine till last night noted oil leaking again from same place. :evil:

Will be phoning the garage this morning but any ideas why this should happen so quickly after it was replaced. ( Done by reputable garage that has done masses of work for me ) it was dry for about a week and was being used daily.

Any underlying issues that could cause this - that I should look out for.

I am about to embark on some mods but dont want to start if the engine is going to keep giving me problems like this.

Is this a common issue -

4lt late 1999- log book shows engine relaced at 46000 by dealer - now has 108k

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I but most spares through them for the defender etc and they are either Bearmach parts or Britpart

I do notknow what was actually used on this repair until I speak with them.

·
Registered
442 Posts
G'day mate, When a engine is breathing properly when you remove the oil filler cap you fit it to its screw on point you should feel a slight vaccuum ... oil leaks happen. Check your ventilation, oil seperator maybe blocked, Look up search for details .
Apart from that there maybe some excess lube around the area from when they fitted it?
Have you wiped and degreased clean and recheck?
It could be coming from the oil return hose?
It could be coming from somewhere else like a rocker cover or oil pump ,timing cover gasket etc.
They may have damaged it when fitting the new oil seal or it wasn't the front oil seal at all :?:

All the above are the likely cause of your leak just suss out to determine which is the most probible :think:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts