RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 2008 RRS HSE. After the truck has sat for the day I go out to start it and it will roll and then hesitate to start. I try again and will fire up. I have put injector cleaner in it before and seemed to fix the problem. A year later it is happening again. It will start on the 2nd try. Any ideas what could be going on?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I assume no engine light ? How many miles on the truck ? Where plugs ever changed ? Injector fault (or dirty) should show as misfire , pending misfire codes etc. and would probably not prevent start. Fuel pump / fuel pressure issues maybe ? Get fuel rail pressure tested. But I think that is uncommon on these engines. Try cleaning maf and air filter (easy). What does battery voltage read before starting (after one day idle ?)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume no engine light ? How many miles on the truck ? Where plugs ever changed ? Injector fault (or dirty) should show as misfire , pending misfire codes etc. and would probably not prevent start. Fuel pump / fuel pressure issues maybe ? Get fuel rail pressure tested. But I think that is uncommon on these engines. Try cleaning maf and air filter (easy). What does battery voltage read before starting (after one day idle ?)
Hey Pal. Thanks for the response. My voltage is good. I have no codes on my dash what so ever. I try 2nd time and vehicle starts. I have 155 thousand and original plugs. I will clean my air filter and mass air flow sensor tonight.

·
Registered
475 Posts
155 thousand (miles or kilometers?): either way, need to renew the plugs and get an OBDII code reader. Sounds like it's time for some very basic maintenence. Plugs, air filter, new MAF sensor, fuel filter for starters.

Where are you located in Canada? If it has turned cold, it is quite possible your temperature sensor is no longer working correctly such that the engine is not being enriched at start up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here should be a valve preventing fuel flow back in to the tank when vehichle if off, therefore preventing fuel system empying out. If that is faulty your secont time start would be is when fuel pump fills up the system and injectors have fuel to fire...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Roman NJ
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing