RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 4.6SE
Will start most of the time.
Sometimes it will crank and not start, I plug in the sync mate and that usually works (90% of the time). Every now and then, even with the sync mate, it will still crank and not start.
There are no codes, and everything else works.
Even with the sync mate, I'm hesitant to drive the Rover too far because it may not start.
Is there any way to fix this? Should I try and buy a matching Speedo/ECU/BeCM to swap in?

Looking for advice on where to go from here.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You need to find out why the two components aren't syncing. The sync mate will sync them but it is the door latch and fob(s) that should make them sync each other in the first place. How are you locking and unlocking the car? Does the fob(s) work?

It is the input signal to the BeCM/ECU/speedo that is failing so swapping them will make no difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 4.6SE
Will start most of the time.
Sometimes it will crank and not start, I plug in the sync mate and that usually works (90% of the time). Every now and then, even with the sync mate, it will still crank and not start.
There are no codes, and everything else works.
Even with the sync mate, I'm hesitant to drive the Rover too far because it may not start.
Is there any way to fix this? Should I try and buy a matching Speedo/ECU/BeCM to swap in?

Looking for advice on where to go from here.
Thanks
did you find your problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts