RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Range Rover has been in the shop now for about 2 months. I have replaced the Becm nd the crank position sensor. All the computers are talking but all it does is crank and crank. Can somebody please point us in the correct direction. 2000 4.0 SE

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dealer says crank position sensor is not sending a signal to start fuel and spark

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Perhaps the dealer ought to try a security relearn on the engine ecu,Bosch equipped cars will crank but give no sparks or fuel - its the earlier gems ones that wont crank when the security code is lost.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also they said there are no security codes that come up when they scan it.

·
Registered
931 Posts
dbjones said:
also they said there are no security codes that come up when they scan it.
I know it is obvious,but did they reprogram the new BECM with your old data when they replaced it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am pretty sure it was because it was tested in a running vehicle before and the reprogrammed by Kermits Precision autocare in florida. I will check. any other things i should have them check?

·
Registered
10 Posts
dbjones said:
dealer says crank position sensor is not sending a signal to start fuel and spark
Looking at your service manual find the wire that goes to the B+ Measure from this wire to ground for the DC supply voltage. Measurement should be taken on the sensor side of the connector. Ground connection as well. Then, try starting your car again, maybe 3 or 4 tries and surely it will start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts