RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after wrestling with my lower timing chain coveryesterday morning, I thought I finally got all the bolts out. Turns out I was wrong. Ugh!
I missed two on the lower passenger side. In watching some online videos on this, Ithough it might be a struggle getting this out so I preceded to move forwardwith muscling it out. The I heard acrack.
I broke down on the lower passenger side and through thecrank shaft opening. My question is canthis be welded or do I need to purchase a pull off?

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Before eBay, try seeing if there is a 1999-2003 BMW X5 4.4i/4.6i, or another M62tu powered BMW that is in the yard.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was afraid of that. Considering how much work it takes to get to the lower cover, I do notwant to risk a bad weld that results in either leakage or even an a conditionwhere the truck is not able to be driven.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I may have an extra cover in my northern warehouse, I'll be there Wednesday and can check. PM me if you're at all interested.

99% chance I do thinking about it, from when my upper cover cracked and I bought a whole set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts