RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Has anyone had or heard of evoques having problems with cracked exhaust manifolds? My evoque's manifold cracked with 45000 miles on it. Seems kind of odd for a exhaust manifold to crack and the price they want to fix it is ridiculous. Thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
I think that is a new one in the Evoque section. However you need to remember that manifolds crack across all makes and models. A slight flaw in casting can break, a misalignment in the down pipe can also stress a manifold. I will be the first to toss my hand up and say I have no clue if Evoque manifold are traditional cast... or formed or machined. However being a mass production engine they are most likely just ancient cast units and can suffer from all the issues that exhaust manifolds have had for the past 100 years.

As far as price to fix it I would imagine it is mostly labour and the part is inexpensive. As we have no clue what year or model you have obviously no comments can be made on warranty or engine specific labour times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I bought it certified preowned. I know they don't cover it . I received a price of $4000.00 to fix it. I'm just amazed that a manifold can crack with 45000 miles on a car. These cars are supposed to be great. Isn't that why you pay so much for them. My point is exhaust manifolds don't crack unless there is a defect or weakness when produced. So why does Range Rover not stand by their cars?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
Let's back up a bit here. LR does stand behind their cars for the factory warranty period. Had the manifold failed during the factory warranty period they would have stood behind it and covered the repairs.

You say your Evoque is CPO... fine. How long is the extended warranty good through? Contact whatever company covers your extended warranty. It is an issue for the warranty company.

If you are out of warranty you need to be realistic and accept that still is not an LRNA issue and that your Evoque is like any other used car on the road that require an owner covers repairs out of pocket.

Price of vehicle when new, price of parts now and naturally the price of labour have no bearing on this issue or the actual failure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.