RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found an inexpensive solution to my cracked dash on my beloved 2006 RRS Supercharged. It’s an ABS textured cover that slips seamlessly on top of the old dash. Coverlay makes it now and it blew my mind how good it was. I have been debating on swapping the whole dash out but gave this a try- and wow! Under $200 and just minutes to install. Here are before and after pics - I used rockauto to order it or order it directly at www.coverlaymfg.com.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
That looks great!
Can you take pics of the FRONT part / front half of the dash cover, where the dash has the speaker and meets the windshield?

Looks like the greatest solution ever!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I went to the website.

In my case, it's the small front part of the dash (where the center speaker is) that is cracking bad.

Any solution for that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven’t found a solution yet for the front part- I have the same problem, but those cracks pale in comparison to the dash. I’ll take another pic from different angles. I had also tried the carpet stuff made to look like suede - it was cheesy.

Tim
2006 RRS Supercharged
Florida

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks, found out about these cover after seeing your post
The dash of my 2007 rover sport hse has like 40 cracks

Just bought the tan color one from (auto parts warehouse) for $155.80 after using a 20% coupon

·
Registered
173 Posts
That looks really, really good.

Is the cracking primarily due to heat and direct sunlight? I've never seen cracking like that before but then again, I'm quite some ways further north than you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I always used a high-quality leather-dash protectant on my dash.

But I also would put it on the front dash (plastic dash near windshield, with speaker in middle).
So now, the protectant apparently caused the front dash (near windshield) to crack horribly.
The other part of the dash (the one shown by the OP) is fine.

So if anyone can source me the front plastic dash, let me know....

·
Registered
191 Posts
I finally found an inexpensive solution to my cracked dash on my beloved 2006 RRS Supercharged. It’s an ABS textured cover that slips seamlessly on top of the old dash. Coverlay makes it now and it blew my mind how good it was. I have been debating on swapping the whole dash out but gave this a try- and wow! Under $200 and just minutes to install. Here are before and after pics - I used rockauto to order it or order it directly at www.coverlaymfg.com.
What was your install time (start to finish)? Did they recommend an adhesive and how much did you go through?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea- I lived in Southern California for the last 10 years then Florida. My ex kicked it out of the garage and into the sun.... soon followed by me, ha! Me and the River are much happier now! I used auto store dash cleaners - or, armor all, McGuire’s, etc... nothing crazy. It started with just an airbag crack and then -bam, I had a dry river bed on my dash!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The company provides a tube of silicone and advised against too much use. I had quite a bit left after the install. It was very easy and quick -under an hour. Ammonia based window cleaner to prep it and then I used weights to hold it down while curing overnight. Take the top dash vents out first before install!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thought I'd add some more pics for anyone considering getting this. I bought this after coming across this thread and I'm pretty happy with it, only faults being with the fitment of the corner vents and the airbag insert. But for 170$ I can't complain too much.
51843740_519978171859309_9203944886162685952_n.jpg

51136475_1084032051768504_6123213025685012480_n.jpg

52016093_643660199382985_4424839616608075776_n.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts