RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
417 Posts
My aplogies for silly question but since English is not my native language, what is crabbing?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Undertanding it straight forward - it would have something to do with crabs or specifically fishing for those, since crab is not fish, process is likely to be crabbing. There is an anecdote to it: wife calling husband and says:
-honey, car wont start, it is very likely that there is water in carburator.
Husband goes: ok, wow, why would you assume it is water in carburator, you dont know anything about cars and carburators...
Wife: because car is waist deep in the lake.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found about this word from my old Cadillac Escalade that started to do the same mostly on AWD cars , when you make a hard turn the car start to do kind of jumping it’s weird , some people says that is normal , my escalade didn’t do it when I had 50000 after that started to do it , now it’s the same with my RR , specially when tires are hot and not on every type of pavement , it’s very weird feeling .

·
Registered
417 Posts
May be it is time to check the wheel alignment and LCA bushings shape. Also the Escalade likely did have beefer tires VS 275x40x20 on RRS that allow very limited side to side shifting. Taller tire sidewall, like 50 or 55 would be a lot more forgiving to geometry imperfection unlike low profile tires on RRS.

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport 2016 Mercedes S550 4MATIC
123 Posts
Undertanding it straight forward - it would have something to do with crabs or specifically fishing for those, since crab is not fish, process is likely to be crabbing. There is an anecdote to it: wife calling husband and says:
-honey, car wont start, it is very likely that there is water in carburator.
Husband goes: ok, wow, why would you assume it is water in carburator, you dont know anything about cars and carburators...
Wife: because car is waist deep in the lake.
So, when the wife knows more about cars than the husband it's scary :LOL:

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
841 Posts
Many years ago the hot rodders would weld the spider gears in the differential which forced both wheels to turn at the same speed all the time. This would cause one rear wheel to jump or skip when turning a corner. Then the manufacturers came up with locking differentials which. did the same thing but are clutched so the car can still go around corners. Now I believe they use the anti lock braking system to lock the wheels. (traction control)
Could be something like that causing this crabbing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts