RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Third question on the same purchase decision (yes, I've been taking too long on this); I'm contemplating the purchase of a reasonably-priced 2015 CPO RRS S/C with close to 36,500 miles. Very simply: is it a bad idea to buy a CPO with this level of mileage? Will I be buried in maintenance/repair bills? The warranty will last for the next 2.5 years/65k miles.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a '14 RRS Dynamic - has over 80k on the clock. Only warranty items have been a fix of the driver's seat cooling and a new strut on the front. Car has been rock solid - I paid for the extended warranty out to 100k, but at this point it looks like a waste of $$$.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have a '14 RRS Dynamic - has over 80k on the clock. Only warranty items have been a fix of the driver's seat cooling and a new strut on the front. Car has been rock solid - I paid for the extended warranty out to 100k, but at this point it looks like a waste of $$$.

How much was that extended warranty?

·
Registered
183 Posts
It has been a year or two, but a I can recall it was $4,000 - $4200? Bought it from LR to extend the 4 years/ 50k to 6 years/ 100K. (Almost) wishing something would go so I could have justified the purchase, but what would you pay for peace of mind!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
My 2016 has almost 38,000 miles. It's been rock solid without any issues aside minor stuff (brakes squealing - fixed by ceramic brake paids, musty smell from A/C - fixed by dealer). I also bought extended warranty to 6 years/100K.

The dealer quoted me these prices at delivery. Not sure if it's gone up with time. Like Baymar said it's for peace of mind even though it does not look like I will need it based on past performance.
6 yr/75,000 $3,245
6 yr/100,000 $3,575
7 yr/100,000 $4,244

CPO warranty makes it an easier decision as it goes to 6 years/100k total as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts