RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to unload the 2014 V8 S/C Dynamic. Made a deal on a 2018 Supercharged Dynamic with 34k miles that is CPO from a LR dealer. Based on what I read on LRUSA website, CPO warranty is 7-years/100k miles from in-service date. Great!

WELL... not so fast... apparently that’s not necessarily true:mad: The dealer is only tacking on 1-year to the original factory warranty which brings the total to 5-years and not 7-years, as is clearly advertised. I’ve been told that I can buy an additional year if I want it... but there is nowhere I can find online that seems to suggest that the CPO warranty could be 5/6/or (maybe?) 7-years at the dealers discretion. I was told that I could only buy 1 extra year so I couldn’t even get it up to 7-years if I wanted to.

Anyone have experience with the CPO program that could corroborate what I’m being told?! This seems very bait & switchy to me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
407 Posts
While a bit nontransparent... I'll tell you this. A 5 year 64K mile full warranty is more than 90% of Manufacturer's New Warranty's offer which is more than likely the lame 3year/36month warranty. For a vehicle that has been well maintained (Oil changes well before the 15K recommended service schedule and CarFax proof of oil/filter changes), the chance of something catastrophic happening within the first 2 years of that CPO warranty is greatly reduced after the already 34K first owner's miles. Personally, I'd just complain, hem and haw until they gave me a discount on that warranty if indeed that warranty was an all inclusive warranty. Meaning, everything is covered except wearables, such as tires, brakes, wipers, batteries, scratches and dents put on her from your personal use, lights, bulbs, etc... Everything else should be covered... Know this, if you decide to service this vehicle yourself as a lot of us do here... Do so, but let the Dealer service it once a year just to keep the warranty douches happy. This will run you $500 to $1,000 yearly and is worth it for piece of mind and so future warranty claims cannot be denied for failure to maintain the vehicle and it's records/carfax.

Hope this helps!

Ham

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,223 Posts
I’ve seen CPO warranties listed for 6 and 7 years so variability can exist. I haven’t seen it for 5 years though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Time to unload the 2014 V8 S/C Dynamic. Made a deal on a 2018 Supercharged Dynamic with 34k miles that is CPO from a LR dealer. Based on what I read on LRUSA website, CPO warranty is 7-years/100k miles from in-service date. Great!

WELL... not so fast... apparently that’s not necessarily true:mad: The dealer is only tacking on 1-year to the original factory warranty which brings the total to 5-years and not 7-years, as is clearly advertised. I’ve been told that I can buy an additional year if I want it... but there is nowhere I can find online that seems to suggest that the CPO warranty could be 5/6/or (maybe?) 7-years at the dealers discretion. I was told that I could only buy 1 extra year so I couldn’t even get it up to 7-years if I wanted to.

Anyone have experience with the CPO program that could corroborate what I’m being told?! This seems very bait & switchy to me.

Thanks!
I think the CPO warranty says that it is "up to" 7 years. I have purchased 2 RRs under CPO, with each one I received 6 year total warranty. So with my 2019 RRS with only 16,500 miles I have until 2025 or 100,000 miles. I'm good with that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts