RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
00 4.6 has a wicked water leak into the foot wells. I sealed the rubber/plastic strip against the glass with right stuff and this averted it it for a few days, but now it is pouring inside the car from what looks like the air distribution box. the pollen filter covers are making a seal.

Before I pull the cowl off, where can water leak into from under it? i am going to go ahead and replace the lower rubber moulding, but I am thinking something else is not sealing too.

any input?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Clean out the AC drain hoses.
Get under the vehicle and look up under the floor either side of the gearbox.
There should be 2 drains/ rubberhoses, give them a poke, prod, clean.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Might look like nothing more than an upside down black mushroom top with a slit for drainage.

I used a slender bristle brush and it worked great - kinda like a longer stronger pipe cleaner from a hobby store.

The only other thing is that a rush of cool dirty water will run down your arm and face/chest unless you move over first as it is supposed to be a drain...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Put the suspension on maximum ride height , open the trunk/boot and then climb under the car with a vacume cleaner and suck the drain valves clean. Another place to check is the rubber connection points on the right rea of the pasanger footwell have a look at this post it helped me

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34037

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, its not the ac drains...

It is leaking into the car from somewhere above the blower motors.

sunroof drains seem to be draining properly, im not familiar with chasing leaks on the p38...

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
I think I've got the same issue. It only affects the left hand side (passenger on RHD).

it is almost coming through the firewall, where the blowers are. I wonder if there is a blocked water drain in the plenum at the base of the screen, near where the pollen filters are. If the drain was blocked, then water falling into the grill in the plenum, would eventually pour into the top of the pollen-filter/blowers, which would eventually end up on the left hand footwell. I need to take the glovebox out, next time it's raining. Maybe also the long plenum cover t osee if there is a blocked drain or two....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts