Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had, it can't be maintain new looking without very extra care and work (very dusty environment). Should I cover it with the same color? mate ebony or do you think gloss black will be interesting?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Didn't realize how easy it is to Plastidip. Everyone keeps saying it doesn't last as long as Vinyldip but if it's significantly cheaper, it may be a great option.
So is it just a spray then? "Dip" has this connotation of actually dipping something ... If it's just a spray then I don't see it lasting very long as you're bonding to a painted and finished surface. Maybe I missed something... I'd rather pay the price of the wrap.

Speaking of wraps, did anyone watch the new Top Gear episode last night? They wrapped a bunch of 80s hatchbacks for good fun. The wrap is the way to go.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Google or YouTube PlastiDip. It seems like a good idea if you only want to "dip" minor pieces like the rims or trim. If I was going for the whole car, I would probably go Vinyl.

It's not physical dipped, just sprayed on with multiple coats.

After watching all the YouTube clips I'm going to PlastiDip my rims rather than vinyl wrap.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Google or YouTube PlastiDip. It seems like a good idea if you only want to "dip" minor pieces like the rims or trim. If I was going for the whole car, I would probably go Vinyl.

It's not physical dipped, just sprayed on with multiple coats.

After watching all the YouTube clips I'm going to PlastiDip my rims rather than vinyl wrap.
Yeah, for wheels it would make sense. It don't even think you can really wrap wheels too well. Back in the day I had my powder-coated (which cost a fortune) but this sounds like the way to go for wheels.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Last year my son had his new Grand Cherokee wheels powder coated. $125/wheel in SF.
Trez got the shaft. Not the first time. Actually I don't recall how much I paid last time and it was a bunch of paint work + the powder coat so maybe I did okay.
I had the grill, the wheels, and the calipers all done along with resonator delete for I think about $1500. that was on my AMG.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.