RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
new member here. benefitted in countless ways by reading this forum so i figured i'd finally join up. got a couple quick questions about my 2002 p38.
i've had it for over a year and love it. we've had tons of discos and ranges in the family and i always liked the p38 so i played the field for a while and found a late model the wife and i were pleased with. since then it's been terrific. it's my daily driver and i commute 90 miles a day total for work. i do a little this and that on trails, the woods, and sand as well. she's never blinked and continues to run like a champ (i'm a big believer in maintenance/service). just a couple housekeeping/gremlin issues i need to resolve. after searching and reading my two questions are:

1. believe i've got a sheared regulator rivet in passenger front door. window raises and lowers beautifully but will not set and then i get the well-known clunking as it tries to continue. i've noticed the right side of the window raises just slightly slower than the left (as in slight delay in right top corner of window when raising to catch up with left top front of window if looking out from within)and after reading others comments it sounds like i need to re-rivet. does this sound right? i'm amenable to replacing the regulator and motor but it sounds as if some have had busted rivets to repair and fixed it.

2. i know how deeply and frequently the sound system has been discussed and i've read most of those threads. things were proceeding perfectly with the stereo until i noticed the driver door speakers not working intermittenly and exacerbated by bumps in the road. it would come in then go out, frequently with bumps or potholes etc. sometimes if i changed from dsp to dsp off that helped. thereafter i got the WSOD a handful of times but the nav has been working perfectly and i get directions sound. eventually i got no speaker operation save the pop on startup and a low beeeeeep every now and then. headunit and cd are working perfectly-i just can't get sound to come out of the speakers except for the initial pop when key is in relevant position. this leads me to believe the dsp amp is the problem and i know this is a failure point. battery is new optima (been very pleased) and no fuses in becm or engine compartment are blown. i was considering removing the amp and sending to roverville or someone like that. i have nothing against replacing the stereo but i'm not crazy about that given every other component seems to be funtioning. anyone have input? roverville satisfaction? possibly ground issues or loose wiring or antennae woes? i'd love to hear experiences on cases where the culprit was discovered.

thanks!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heard from roverville. sad predictable news. sounds like the dsp amp is toast a la the loadspace moisture problem behind the sound panel. anybody got anything? do i go after market or shell $800 bucks for a new one? many thanks to roverville for a prompt honest response. yes i've searched the topic. just looking for opinions...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts