RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, over the holidays my brother detected a little leak of coolant right under my RR.

Anyway, long story short, I've found the source of the leak, which turned out to be the tube connection between the expansion tank and return tube from throttle body. I've found that the expansion tank was slightly cracked (After I've tinkered with it, now, it's a tear) where the tube from the throttle body connects-This would be a easy fix, I'll just buy a new expansion tank.

As I was diagnosing the above problem, taking the expansion tank off, I've managed to crack the tip of the plastic tube of the throttle body return tube. Now, these plastic tubes have a slightly larger diameter at the tip, I suppose to prevent them from popping out too easily. If I cracked the tip off of the plastic tube, would I still be able to use them, as long as I tighten the hose clamp a bit more? Or, do I have to replace them?

Second question is, somehow the metal bracket that holds the washer resevoir fill neck in place cracked in 2 pieces. Can this be removed and replaced? Looking at it, looks like the metal bracket won't come off of the plastic housing. So, would something like JB Weld work to attach the bracket together?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Bracket as far as I know does come off

You may get away using bottle but I would rather replace, pipes can slip off easier than we care to think

1 - 2 of 2 Posts