RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope you all enjoy (assuming my file loading works)

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: couple of shots of my 94 soft dash after a cut and polish

Looks nice. I like the Navy Blue colour, looks good on the classics.

Did the EAS get removed during your ownership? If so, what prompted you to remove it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

yes I removed it about a year after buying it, I got the car with a warranty so when the EAS went wrong I was happy when they just started replacing parts, but after six months I got sick of it going wrong week after week, at one stage it was in the dealer for 6 weeks. At that time I was in such a rage after driving into town with one wheel retracted (or the other 3 up) that when I went to the dealers they gave me a new p38 (this was 2001) to drive for free and that was the six weeks it was in the shop. In the end I called them and offered them the chance to convert to coils (they simply didn't call me to ask for the new one back) and they would never see me again. They accepted and paid a indy shop to do the conversion, I've been using him ever since.

I love the EAS and even toy with the idea of going back (costs less to upgrade to a p38), my wife would never let me though as she thought at the time that I was going to kill the poor guy at the dealer.

Seems funny now...

·
Registered
49 Posts

G'day Matt,

Nice looking classic !

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks Rod, I see you have the same model although mine's only a SE not the Vogue. I'm not sure what the difference is but I don't have cruise control, electric seats, sunroof or airbags.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
138 Posts

Hi Matt,

Wow thats a minter! How many kms? NZ new?

Is it Plymouth Blue? If so mine is the same, except mine is a 1990 Vogue, povery pack with grey cloth interior and NZ new.

The Vogue SE (Special Equipment) came with the ABS, EAS (after 1992 I think?), traction control, cruise control and leather interior.

You seen the 1987 3.5L Vogue on trademe, looks similar to yours... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 592228.htm

Did Stag 4x4 do the coil conversion?

Got any interior pics?

Regards.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

It does have a few scars, I used to drive farm tracks through a cousins coastal farm to get to dive sites. The photos seems to show it in it's best light though and you can't hear the rattles. It's done 205,000kms with me doing the last 100,000. Yes the colour is Plymouth Blue and Stag did the coil conversion.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts

Hi all,

I've got a Montpellier red jobbie !
Yep, you guys have pretty much covered the differences I think !
Do you have the micro speakers on the A pillars ? And the base in the back ? Oh, and the 10 stacker ?

You know, I've never seen a softdash without SRS airbags in Oz....

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hi Rod, yes I have the micro speakers and the base at the back, and the 10 disc changer. I think NZ was a bit slow on the air bag uptake, I remember an article I read about 18 years ago where some safety guys lamented the fact that when air bags were only an option on luxury cars most buyers chose air con over air bags. I guess if you can keep your cool you're less likely to crash! I assume that the original buyer of this vehicle was in the same camp. For those of you who haven't been to NZ, it doesn't really get hot enough here to warrant air con (IMO), I never use it as I prefer to drive with the windows open. From what I understand the soft dash is pretty much the Disco dash, I prefer it but I guess one always tends to like what they are used to.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
138 Posts

matt said:
it doesn't really get hot enough here to warrant air con (IMO), I never use it as I prefer to drive with the windows open.

Even if you don't use A/C, it's good to turn it on every couple of weeks and let it cycle for 15 mins to lubricate all the seals etc as to prevent seals drying out and leaking.

I've just had mine re-gassed, I have long hair, wndows down = hair in eyes etc!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts