2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Very nice :thumb:

Btw, do you know Vinni?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Cool photos, thanks for sharing. Always nice to see a Land Rover playing in its natural habitat. :clap: Can't make out the chunky tires in the photos (those are 18s, yes?), what brand/size are they?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi umbertob, the tyres are the cooper ltz's and they are 285/60/18's.
I find these to be a great tyre, quiet on the road and give good traction off road.
I do get a small amount of rubbing under extreme articulation, but nothing to worry about.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Ha, I guess my eyes aren't as good as they used to be... I have the same exact Coopers on my Sport (I'm on my second set actually, about to go on a third...), as do a number of off-roading forum members here, and I agree with your assessment. Nice choice, good to see they are available down under! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Nice. We need more pics like this and less "Do's my mom's new 22's look fresh dope or what?" type scenarios.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Drevs said:
Nice. We need more pics like this and less "Do's my mom's new 22's look fresh dope or what?" type scenarios.
"My moms new 22's" has to be a euphemism for something? I'm gonna look that up in the Urban Dictionary later.

Scomac, so I guess you don't know Vinni, he's from Perth too. He's been strangely silent here lately. I hope he hasn't gotten himself knotted up with the business end of a salty. So Vinni if you're out there...

I will say this, just be careful if you run into him, he'll try to convince you to rip out the airsprings in the RRS and put in coils with 35" Dick Cepaks (white lettering on the outside). Stay firm.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Nice pics - bet you had fun cleaning it too.

I've got the LTZ's, just need to find the time and place to take it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
G'day Goose, can't say i have bumped into vinni but will keep an eye out for him on the tracks, he will be pleased to know i still drive the old girl around, coils and all!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,470 Posts
Great pics...let's see a lot more...nice Rimini there with the best looking 18's on as well.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Smac.

Glad to see another "Sand Groper" forum member from out West join the ranks ! I just love the 'Rimini Red' coloured RRS's and makes the whole experience rather regal do you think ? Seems like we've had the second driest winter from your pics.

I'm heading to the Solomon Islands at the end of November 2010 for an 18 month/2 year Engineers Abroad stint with Ruddi and his mates from Foreign Affairs (insert NSA, FBI, CIA or other federal equivalent) so hope to keep in touch before I depart.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
Nice pics - bet you had fun cleaning it too.

I've got the LTZ's, just need to find the time and place to take it.
Hey Frisco,
I'm heading up to CO in the beginning of November. Welcome to join.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
gkwait said:
Hey Frisco,
I'm heading up to CO in the beginning of November. Welcome to join.
Would have liked to. Was planning it for this month, ended up with surgery on my leg yesterday and need to postpone my trip. Not sure about November as other folks have stated about the weather. Keep in touch - are you in TX?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts