RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone plese tell me What/where do these hoses suppose to go?!

range hose.jpg range hose 2.jpg Hi, if you could tell me I have a hose in the first pic coming from alongside the coolant reserve tank going to nothing is that the I guess over fill drain hose maybe?? Second pic..I have a hose coming from the side of top manifold I guess that is.. with 4.0 etc on it..that hose I have connected to nothing either..and there is a screw lodged into the end of it I guess to keep it from sucking air in. If I'm not mistaken when the screw is removed it makes my cruise control pump press inwards and revs my engine up very high..so to stop that from happening the screw was inserted. Maybe it goes to something that has to do with the Cruise Control and perhaps why it's not working. Wish the pictures were better. Thanks in advance to you all.

Joshua

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Re: Could someone plese tell me What/where do these hoses suppose to go?!

Is it not windscreen washer supply? and for the one on the manifold would be to/from EVAP purge valve, if you have it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Is it not windscreen washer supply? and for the one on the manifold would be to/from EVAP purge valve, if you have it.

Thanks LarryS...That perhaps is the windscreen washer hose etc.. being mine isn't hooked up...but I thought I saw green coolant looking fluid coming from it..I'll check again.. and the manifold one..evap purge valve? What/Where is that located..and shouldn't I have one?? And how am I running pretty well without it being hooked up correctly? Does that have anything to do with Cruise Control at all? If I'm not mistaken if I take out that screw plugged in the end of it, it will suck air, and make my rpms rev high, like keep going up untill you stop the air..tis why the screw is lodge in the end of it. Sorry if that's a lot..just trying to nail some little things out while I wait on my coolant temp sensor to arrive by mail. Thanks in advance again.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts

Yes you should have EVAP, there should be a little round valve on the LH suspension strut, obviously if you remove whatever's plugging it up currently then you will suck in air, but of course it's meant to be attached to this valve which opens as determined by the ECM. Check out RAVE > Workshop Manual > Emission Control for details.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yes you should have EVAP, there should be a little round valve on the LH suspension strut, obviously if you remove whatever's plugging it up currently then you will suck in air, but of course it's meant to be attached to this valve which opens as determined by the ECM. Check out RAVE > Workshop Manual > Emission Control for details.

Thanks again LarryS for your replies...I don't have the rave manual..but I will go out here and look for it to see if anything is going to it..so..if/upon locating it...I should be able to remove the screw and place it on that valve? With no problems? Would it be something I can reach/get to? Sorry for all the question..I'm in DIY mode, and it's very nice out today in Carolina! Thanks in advance.

Joshua

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts

That line doesn't look stock so perhaps not, the stock line is a preformed hard plastic which clips on to the manifold piece. RAVE really is required which i presume it's still available via link in the top 10 FAQ's section.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

r3.jpg I think I found it..if this is it..sitting kinda down below what I think is brake accumulator..but it seems to have hoses plugged into it..going to a like u said pin clip kinda into a place beside the big air/breather hose that comes out of manifold. You're right that hose isn't stock. I'm dl the rave from the FAQ now. Thanks again.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

p5.jpg See..what I found which I think is the evap purge valve the hose coming from it..is going into a clip type thing into here where my finger is pointed at. I don't see any remaining places to insert another hose ie the one from my manifold with the screw in it into. Any help is appreciated. I wish I had a fellow p38 owner around my area..but I don't..or I would just look under their hood and see what's what. Thanks in advance.

Joshua

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts

yeah that's the clip, looks like that's the stock NAS location then, ours is on the manifold so not sure what that other line is doing...vacuum gauge.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks again..Vacuum Gauge?? I about tempted to ride out to the LR Stealership to look under a p38 hood out there..maybe they won't charge me too too much! I've def puzzled! Good to know that my evap purge valve thing is correct tho. Thanks again..Hopefully someone else will chime in and let me know where that hose is supposed to go to. Thanks LarryS!

Joshua

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts

I don't think it's stock but it's perfect for a vacuum gauge. Your cruise control is all there with it's own pump?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I don't think it's stock but it's perfect for a vacuum gauge. Your cruise control is all there with it's own pump?

My cruise control is there, all seems intact..tho it doesn't work. I've check and fixed the vacuum lines..let me go out here and see if it goes to something related to the cruise. Thanks..

Joshua

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Well, after a trip to the LR Stealership..a couple service guys came out and had a look at it..they have no clue..but feels it goes to something..told me to come back tomorrow about noon so he can have someone else take a look. Thanks for all the help..I'm wondering..is it possible that the upper intake manifold I have is NOT for a RR..does say..a certain year Disco upper intake manifold fit a p38..perhaps..Idk..Just wondering. Thanks in advance to you all.

Joshua

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

View attachment 16437 Hi, if you could tell me I have a hose in the first pic coming from alongside the coolant reserve tank going to nothing is that the I guess over fill drain hose maybe?? Second pic..I have a hose coming from the side of top manifold I guess that is.. with 4.0 etc on it..that hose I have connected to nothing either..and there is a screw lodged into the end of it I guess to keep it from sucking air in. If I'm not mistaken when the screw is removed it makes my cruise control pump press inwards and revs my engine up very high..so to stop that from happening the screw was inserted. Maybe it goes to something that has to do with the Cruise Control and perhaps why it's not working. Wish the pictures were better. Thanks in advance to you all.

Joshua

Hi, I think I figured what's up with this hose...I'm thinking after looking at pictures of 1996 RR upper intake manifolds..and looking at some Discovery upper intake manifolds..I'm thinking I have a Disco upper intake manifold on my RR..I do see from some searches that they can be compatible..and on the Disco that hose would go to the evap purge valve..but being its on my RR and my evap purge valve goes somewhere diff on the manifold that hose is basically useless..Can anyone verify that this in fact may be a Disco upper intake manifold??

Thanks in advance

Joshua

1 - 14 of 14 Posts