17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give a rough estimate to address the following?:

New sills both sides
New inner wings
New floor pan
Replace two rear body mounts
Replace one rear / inner wheel arch

None of the above seems to be need just yet but there are signs the work will be needed in the next 2-3 years and I am thinking about biting the bullet but want to know how much to budget.

I will also be looking for a good body shop in reach of Somerset (UK) if anyone can recommend.

Thanks

Simon

· Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,658 Posts
my best advice may be to visit local body shops who specialize or have extensive experience working on rovers and expose your concern, that way you're not paying for mistakes or someone else's learning curve on your truck.
Im in the mid atlantic area of the other side of the pond, many shops here start at $100.00 an hr up to $160.00 an hr. with some 50 to 80 hrs total labor (maybe more), plus parts you're in the neighborhood of some $10,000.00 at a minimum. it can get out of hand fast.
just to give you an idea, repair (cut and patch not replace) the rear cargo area plus fabricate and replace the rear crossmember (it was not available at time of build) on my 95 classic, took some 80 hrs. this included rust abatement, protection and paint.
replacement may be lesser labor time.
best of luck.

· Registered
330 Posts
I had some minor rust repair work done a few years ago. Both driver & pass floors (partial including A pillars) and a few minor spots. Cost was around $1500 usd. and I stripped out as much as possible to save shop time. This was for solid work but not show quality.... no one sees these areas anyway.

Yours sounds very rusty kind of like my first one. I chased rust for ever and it still rusted away. I would bet your rear crossmember needs replacing too. Find a shop & get an estimate but keep your eyes out for another RRC with a solid body or learn how to weld.

Another option is to do most of the work yourself. Stripping, cutting, grinding and sourcing repair panels. Then hire a mobile welder to come to your place and do the welds.

· Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,740 Posts
YRM Metal Solutions https://yrmit.co.uk is your friend...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a handy link, thanks. I have booked it into a local LR independent and will work with them to build a list and plan. It appears they have extensive experience of classic RR bodywork.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.